Thursday, September 29, 2005

Blogcabulary

Today's Blogcabulary word* is chironomy.

I enjoy finding new words** in unexpected places. I found the latest this morning on the MusicaSacra site via the Confessions of a Recovering Choir Director site. The blog entry is about a workshop entitled Teach Children Gregorian Chant: A course of instruction for Parents and Teachers, Musicians and Non-Musicians, which by the way is something I can definitely get behind but I'll save my screed about the children of the Church being robbed of their rightful patrimony for another time.

So I found the word as part of the email address of the Director (chironomy@---.com) of the Ward Center of San Antonio which in collaboration with the International Center for Ward Method Studies at The Catholic University of America is offering the workshop.

*words learned while reading blogs.
**new to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home