Friday, October 14, 2005

The Weakly Pyth*

I always enjoy the Happy Catholic's daily qoutes and trivia. Today there is one from Monty Python's Life of Brian. It is not my favorite, though. My favorite MPLOB quote is "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!". It's my favorite because its funny but it's extra funny because it sounds exactly like something my British mother would say if the situation presented itself, which by the way, it never did. I would never be mistaken for the Messiah. Maybe for Satan's Own or the Anti-Christ but never the Saviour. Infact, many a time my Mother would pay me this back-handed compliment: "He's such a nice little boy...when he's asleep."

And speaking of me Mum, I usually don't do this and she'd probably reprimand me for doing it but I'm requesting prayers for her as she flys back to the states today after having a mild heart attack a couple of weeks ago in Ireland. Once she gets back she'll be having triple bypass surgery so any prayers for a safe trip and a successful operation would be greatly appreciated. And if you want to throw in a few prayers for her heart to soften towards the Pope and the Church in general, that would be good, too. Her father's protestant blood seems to be winning the battle with her mother's Catholic blood lately and it worries me a bit.


*This is a very inside joke since the only other person who knows about it is dead. The Weakly Pyth was a humorous fake newspaper created by a friend of mine when he was in high school way back in the 70's.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis said...

Your Mom is in my prayers.

10/15/2005 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

I will definitely keep your mom in my prayers. And I love that other Python quote too. :-0

10/15/2005 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

"The Weakly Pyth was a humorous fake newspaper created by a friend of mine when he was in high school way back in the 70's."

And won't he be pyththed when he theeth thith?

11/18/2005 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home