Monday, November 21, 2005

What he said!

I'm not sure how I missed this entry - Finding the Designer - at Darwin Catholic but it states much more eloquently my basic thoughts on the subject of Intelligent Design.

My basic thoughts being that proponants of ID are giving science too much credit and buying into the Humanist worship of science as "the answer" by trying to get theology taught in science classrooms. What they should be doing is getting theology and philosophy classes in the curriculum. That is where schools are falling short.

There was also a good essay in the November 14th edition of TIME magazine.

But as exciting as intelligent design is in theology, it is a boring idea in science. Science isn't about knowing the mind of God; it's about understanding nature and the reasons for things. The thrill is that our ignorance exceeds our knowledge; the exciting part is what we don't understand yet.... For science, intelligent design is a dead-end idea.

You have to be a subscriber to read the whole essay from the above link or I could email it to you if you are interested, since I'm a subscriber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home