Monday, January 23, 2006

An Evil Plot

My wife and I went on a date this weekend and saw King Kong. Other than the woman behind us emoting loudly at the demise of every poor seaman, prehistoric creature, and ultimately the big ape himself (that's not really a spoiler, is it?) we generally enjoyed it.

Before the movie began, right after the preview of The Davinci Code The Movie (TDCTM) I thought up a devious plan that would allow me to see TDCTM without supporting Dan Brown's Minions (TM) any more than I already have (yes, I read the book).

The plan, would be to purchase tickets to a different movie playing at approximately the same time as TDCTM and then going into the theater that is showing TDCTM instead of the one I bought the ticket to. This way I get to satisfy my curiosity at how the movie handles the story and yet I don't support it's creators.

Okay, I know this is wrong. I should probably just pay my admission and see the movie. But wouldn't it be interesting if a lot of people did this. Sure, they'd have to pick times when the movie was less likely to be sold out to avoid taking seats from paying customers and they couldn't do it in large groups, but it would be a kind of cool, clandestine, grass roots kind of protest movement.

Sure, and now you are saying, why do you want to see it anyway? At the worst TDC is damaging to the Church and at it's best it is a poorly written book of schlock that can't be that much better of a movie. Well, curiosity for one and to be able to speak about it intelligently when railing against it to those who think it genius. Those are pretty good reasons, aren't they? Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So, I'm not telling anyone to do anything illegal or anything, I'm just sharing a thought I had that I thought others would find interesting in a hypothetical way, of course (wink wink, nudge nudge). And if you get caught, I never heard of you and this cockamamie scheme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home