Monday, January 23, 2006

Meme Heaven or Heaven Meme?

The Happy Catholic tagged me to answer ...


What five things would you ask Jesus should you get to Heaven?

OR

Who are the first five people you'd like to see in Heaven?


(For purposes of this tag, disregard the fact that when one gets to Heaven, it's generally accepted that one will know the answers to all the questions one ever had, and all those other caveats that spring to mind.)

Because the Happy Catholic answered both questions, I will do the same.

Who are the first five people you'd like to see in Heaven?


  • The baby we lost to a miscarriage
  • St. Francis of Assisi
  • My grandfather on my mother's side (he died when my mom was a child)
  • William Shakespeare
  • The heavenly choir director to see if he needs another baritone


What five things would you ask Jesus should you get to Heaven?
(And with most of these I'm really hoping Jesus has a sense of humor or that the line is long enough that I'll have time to think of some really deep questions while I'm waiting for my turn.)


  • I know that when it comes to creation you don't make junk, but come on, be honest, there were some problems in the quality control department, weren't there?

  • Is there a heavenly web site or something where I can confirm my suspicions of who sold their soul to the devil?

  • Was the woman who you saved from being stoned Mary Magdalene?

  • Shakespeare, he was a closet Catholic, wasn't he?

  • Please tell me there's a special level of hell for spammers?


I am tagging...whoever stops by this blog and sees this post. Email me when you do it and I'll link back to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

DANG ... how could I have forgotten that the very first people I want to meet are our two babies lost to miscarriages? Good reminder ... thanks for that one!

(And I liked the quality control question! ha!)

1/23/2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

The first five people I want to meet:

1. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. (OK, that's Three Persons, but for the sake of this exercise, let's count Them as the One that They are;)
2. Mary and Baby Jesus (I would ask if I could hold Him)
3 and 4. My Mom and Dad
5. St Anthony (I'd thank him for all the stuff he's helped me find! And all the other prayers he's prayed for me!)

The first five questions I would like to ask (because I will have an infinite number of them and they will all get answered, even the ones I didn't think of!):

1. Our children who are grown- can we have the joy in heaven of holding them as babies again?

2. Okay, what's the REAL explanation for all those fossils?

3. Why did You let Islam grow to the point it has gotten?

4. Why didn't You just let the Second Eve (Mary) be the First Eve-- then we wouldn't have had to go through all this?

5. Would You please grant the prayers of all my loved ones still down on earth-- and lead all souls to heaven. Amen.

2/05/2006 06:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home