Friday, June 30, 2006

Only Five?

Found this free-for-all "Lighten Up Friday" meme on Some Have Hats and thought I'd participate.

Here are 5 silly facts about me:

1) I once won a costume contest dressed as Super Grape.

2) Just thinking of hundreds of ping pong balls being dropped on Captain Kangaroo makes me laugh hysterically. Come on, you gotta admit, that is just so damn funny!

3) I was a Jewish Webelo. I don't know why they let a Catholic kid join a Jewish troop or why my parents thought it was a good idea or why I didn't just join the local Catholic troop, but there you have it. I was a Jewish Webelo. Sounds like a title for an After School Special.

4) I once ate a cigarette on a dare and washed it down with Mr. Pibb (it's kind of like Dr. Pepper without the PhD). To this day I can't drink Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper without gagging.

5) I had a Mohawk haircut at age 3 and once again twenty years later.

And believe it or not, no alcohol was involved in any of these scenarios.

Take this meme if you like and let me know if you do. I'd like to read about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was a Jewish Weblo" sounds more like film noir, I was a Communist For The FBI. It needs a Jack Web voice-over. I'm for replacing those Spanish language phone menu choices with Yiddish.

John Lowell

7/03/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger M. Swaim said...

If we're to drink carbonated beverages named after doctors, I highly recommend Dr. Enuf. Lots of vitamins.

7/13/2006 01:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

This is great. You'll have to let me know about these next time.

Anyway, here is one about me:

My dad has owned a tire store since I was in 5th grade. I can pick out a Michelin tire by the way it smells.

It's a shame more people don't know about Mr. Pibb.

7/26/2006 01:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home