Wednesday, August 23, 2006

5 in 5 Meme

Five People in Five Categories Meme
Julie at HappyCatholic tagged me. (Woohoo, I got tagged!) This may not be the best meme for me since I'm not what many would call a people person, but I never get tagged so here goes.

"If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be?" (Explaining why is optional.) Name five people from each of the following categories:
Saints, Those in the Process of Being Canonized, Heroes from your native country, Authors/Writers, celebrities.

Five Saints:

St. Francis of Assisi
St. Patrick
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Katherine Drexel (I've got a growing interest in American saints and she's a Philadelphia favorite.)
St. Declan of Ardmore (To find out what Declan translates to or means. It is said the name is so ancient that its original meaning has been lost.)


Those in the Process of Being Canonized:
(This is where my Lappedness shows itself. I've got to do a Google search to find a list of the beatified. Once I do I'll update this list)

Pope John Paul II
Junipera Serra


Five Heroes from your native country:

I have a hard time accepting the notion of heroes so I'm gonna leave this go until I can think of at least one person I consider heroish.


Five Authors/Writers:

Graham Greene
Robert A. Heinlein
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Oscar Wilde
Jane Austin
(The last two would be so I could introduce my daughter to them. Boy would she owe me big time after that!)


Five Celebrities:

Elvis Costello
Sinead O'Connor (Because I want to believe that deep down she's really just a fine Irish lass who lost her way in her youth.)
Tony Hawk (So I could introduce him to my youngest who is very into skateboarding right now.)
Jack Black (I so totally want to party with that dude!! Okay, I'm not really a partier. Okay, I'm not a partier at all. I'm just trying to think of celebrities that I don't actively dislike and he's all I could think of.)
Joan Cusak (She so funny. She make me laugh.)


Tag Five People:

Tagging five randomlyish selected B-Teamers! Go B-Team!
For God, For Country and For Yale
Transitus Tiber
Narrow at the Outset
College Catholic
Thoughts of a Regular Guy

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul, just this guy, you know? said...

Done! Robert Heinlein, good choice!

8/24/2006 07:31:00 AM  
Blogger prevat2 said...

Saints:
The Blessed Virgin (Who would not want to see Our Lady and simply say thank
you for saying “yes.”)
St. Peter (No explanation needed.)
St. Paul (How did you really feel about St. Peter?)
St. John (What was Our Lady like?)
St. Augustine (For everything you wrote.)
Pope St. Pius V (Thanks for codifying the Mass of the Ages)
Pope St. Pius X (Thanks for kicking lots of Modernist ass. Agreed!)
St. Thomas More (Thank you for holding a king to account. Thank you for
holding firm in the Faith.)
Bishop St. John Fisher (Thank you for giving an incredible example that most
post-Vatican II bishops couldn’t begin to follow.)

Being Canonized:
Cardinal John Henry Newman (For proving the historical roots of the One,
True Faith.)
Pope Pius XII (Thank you for upholding orthodoxy)
Archbishop Fulton Sheen (For teaching the Faith and for understanding the
power and evil of communism.)
Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre (Well, he should be!)
Pope Paul VI & Pope John Paul II (Yea, right! Now just what the hell were
you two thinking?)

Heroes:
St. Thomas More (Again, you are one of my greatest heroes!)
President Theodore Roosevelt (For balls made of solid brass.)
Winston Churchill (For balls made of solid brass.)
Lt Gen Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC (For balls made of solid brass.)
Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre (Without you, Tradition would have died in 1965.)
Every Marine I ever knew (Except for one or two.)
For every young American man who continues to answer the call to duty (For
balls made of solid brass.)

Writers:
St Jerome
Cardinal John Henry Newman
Fr Malachi Martin (Thanks for warning us. Agreed!)
GK Chesterton
CS Lewis (For “Mere Christianity.”)

Celebrities:
John Wayne (But I’d have to ask him, “Why did you not serve in WWII? You
pussy!”)
Mel Gibson (But I’d have to ask him, “Now what’s the real scoop?”)
Joan Chen (Need I say more?)
Kay Lenz (Great skinny blond of many a “B” movie, but a real important part
of my teenage years!)
Robert Duvall (Loved “True Confessions” and “The Great Santini.”
Robert DeNiro (Loved “True Confessions,” “The Mission,” “Heat,” and
“TheGodfather-Part II.”

8/27/2006 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

i seriously will do this eventually!

8/30/2006 03:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home