Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Movie Meme from The Crescat

This one is called the IMDB meme.

- Go to IMDB.com and look up 10 of your favourite movies.
- Post five (5) official IMDB "Plot Keywords" for these 10 picks.
- Have your friends guess the movie titles.
- Then tag three people

1. Russian Roulette, God Bless America, Supermarket, Gay Slur, Bingo

2. Female Sniper, Blanket Party, Gay Slur, Mickey Mouse Club, Boot Camp

3. Rise And Fall, Decapitation, Witch, Wife, Ghost

4. Directed By Star, Epic, King, Battlefield, Dauphin Of France

5. Faith, Unhappy Marriage, Costume Drama, Tragic Love, Rape

6. Elvis Presley, Irish, Band, Vulgarity, Independent Film

7. Shoe, Japan, Prison, Coin, Face Slap

8. Father Daughter Relationship, Actor, Daughter, Ex Wife, Father (sorry, those were the only keywords)

9. Butterfly Knife, Organized Crime, Narrative, Piercing Ripped Out, Anti Hero

10. Fall From Height, 16th Century, Blowgun, Heart Ripped Out, Quicksand

Tagging: Kyrie Eleison, Regular Thoughts, and Journey Woman.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

#2 is def. one of the all time greatest movies...Full Metal Jacket

#3 Macbeth?? (sounds Shakespearean)

#4 Braveheart

#10 Last of the Mohicans (another great one)

the rest are tough....

4/25/2007 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

To be honest I tried to pick some of the more obscure keywords.

You got #2 and #3 correct. With #3 I'm specifically talking about Polanski's Macbeth. I haven't seen it in a long time but it was amazing back then.

#4 and #10 you have wrong, though they are both good guesses and also great movies. With #4 the Dauphin should be a clue though not necessarily a good one, and in #10 the Heart Ripped Out and Blow Gun should give it away.

4/25/2007 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger Carolina Cannonball said...

Im totally stumped.
Is #10 Indiana Jones Temple of Doom?

4/25/2007 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

No, #10 is a movie you totally hated and I think walked out on, if I remember your blog review correctly.

4/25/2007 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for the tag Tim. I'll try to do this within the next couple of days!

4/25/2007 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Okay, here are the movies to match my list of keywords:

1. The Deer Hunter
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. Polanski's Macbeth
4. Henry V
5. Tess (Yeah, I had a thing for Nastassja Kinski)
6. The Commitments ("I'm black, and I'm proud")
7. Empire of the Sun
8. I'll Do Anything (Albert Brooks' and Julie Kavner's scenes make this movie. The rest of it could be edited out without a tear being shed.)
9. Payback
10. Apocalypto

4/26/2007 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Carolina Cannonball said...

now that you named #7 its seems SO obvious. I can't believe I missed that, it was one of my favorite movies too.

your list was too hard. too hard. your too much a complicated man, Tim. ;-P

4/26/2007 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger RobK said...

I finally was able to post the meme. I was able to figure out Henry V, but that was it. I agree with Carolina - yours was a tough list. I suspect I may be more transparent.

4/28/2007 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger Paul, just this guy, you know? said...

Mine's finally up; on yours, I recognized MacBeth and Henry V.

5/04/2007 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home